When one is in desperate need to lose weight the food substance that is first avoided is sugar. Sugar or carbohydrates are fattening. Eat enough of this in a day and be sure to have an overly stuffed tummy.
Cutting carbs is a very effective diet and many of the diet programs that are popular today involve skipping carbohydrates and sugar. Sugar is a very temping and enticing food substance but it is addictive and it is very hazardous to health, especially when taken irresponsibly.
Sugars have been responsible for a lot of problems: weight gain, hyperactivity on children and so many other medical conditions. To avoid such problems, sugars are completely avoided or they are substituted by healthier alternatives such as fructose. Fructose, which is derived from corn syrup, is the most popular sugar alternative.
The benefits of sugar
While cutting carbs and sugar have shown true worth through the years for weight loss and health, note that sugar also has a number of benefits:
- Sugar contains enough calories and since the body requires a certain amount of carbohydrates per day, it is necessary that this is obtained for the body’s benefit. Since a person is required to take in 1200-1500 calories per day, sugar is able to fill that up easily.
- It is good for the skin because it contains glycolic acid that helps to eliminate blemishes and other skin problems. Sugar balances oils in the skin and makes the skin more beautiful.
- Benefits, unlike other food sources, do not need complicated processing to be obtained. It is obtained from natural resources without the use of pesticides and other harmful products, so they are healthy for the environment and are healthy, even to the people.
- It is necessary for diabetics because a an individual who is diabetic needs sugar because it keeps blood sugar at bay.
- Sugar, in its most raw form, is rich in different nutrients and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and potassium.
Cutting carbohydrates and sugar
Given that carbohydrates and sugars are important, as enumerated and discussed previously, can it eliminated from the diet even for just a few days?
Sugar is an important culprit for weight gain. It adds to your weight, it causes high blood sugar and can be toxic to the blood vessels. Can you cut it from your diet, yes it is not impossible, but it is not exactly a good move because sugar in moderation is good for the body.
Instead of completely giving sugar up, you can give up refined sugar, artificial sweeteners and natural sweeteners. These are the unhealthy sugars you should get rid of, but you can continue enjoying natural sugar sources that you can enjoy from vegetables, fruits and other whole food substances. It is not going to be easy, you may have to endure painful withdrawals, but you will eventually get in the habit. The healthier sugar sources are raw honey, coconut palm sugar, sucanat, sorghum, maple syrup and molasses.
In the beginning, you will go through a withdrawal phase and some of the withdrawal symptoms will include:
This can go on for a while and it will be difficult, but you can satisfy your unhealthy cravings by having healthier sugar sources such as raisins, dates and so forth.