In a day a person can have a few meals, but how ever many times one eats, the first meal of the day is breakfast and it is believed to be the most important meal of the day. Many of the people who are trying to lose weight skip breakfast. They believe that eating less is going to work and they skip breakfast so that the first meal they have is lunch.
Deemed less important, but what is true is that breakfasts are the most important meal of the day.
Benefits of Eating Breakfast
A lot of people who skip breakfast do it because they think they are effectively cutting down calorie-intake. Sometimes, though, the truth is not as clearly stated so many are caught in the web without knowing what is real.
Surprisingly, many people do not know what the benefits of having breakfast entails at all. Let’s go through some of them below.
- Studies show that people who eat breakfast regularly lose more weight and maintain a steady weight loss pace as compared to someone who is skipping. This is even true for people who skip breakfast entirely.
- People who eat breakfast regularly tend to consume fewer calories throughout the day. When you eat late or your skip your meals, you can go into starvation mode and end up eating more that you usually do.
- Skipping breakfast means you are starving yourself for as long as 15 to 20 hours and this type of fasting will mean that you will not be producing the necessary enzymes that should effectively metabolize fat to aid weight loss.
What Should I Eat for Breakfast
- Cereals – Cereals are a good breakfast food for a lot of reasons. It is easy to have, so it is easy to prepare, even if you are in a hurry in the morning. Cereals are nutritious and they are high in fiber, so they are very good for the digestive process. It is also believed that people who consume cereals during breakfast have a lower fat intake throughout the day, compared to other breakfast foods.
- Fruits and Vegetables – These are very high in fiber and it is always good to have fiber when you are trying to lose weight. They are high in fiber but they are low in fat so they are very good for your vegetarian weight loss diet.
- Oatmeal – Oats are also high in fiber and they are good for your metabolism. They can be combined with fresh or dried fruits for extra fiber and taste, and they will still be low in calorie compared to other breakfasts – such as bagels.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is also good for breakfast. It may be enjoyed with fruits in a smoothie drink or you can have yogurt with fresh fruits for more taste, and it deals with any craving for fruits and since it is high in protein, it will keep you full for longer as compared to other meals.
What is true is this – there is no shortcut to true weight loss and if you think that skipping breakfast is going to do the trick, it will not. If you want to lose weight, you have to height healthy meals for weight loss and not cut corners. Skipping meals is not healthy and skipping breakfast is never a good thing. If you want to lose weight, you will do it the right way and you will do it responsibly.