Trying to slim down can be very difficult. You can slave hours exercising and watch what you are eating with much strictness, but you could still end up gaining weight. You may think you are doing what needs to be done, but you get frustrated because nothing is working.
That is normal because there is no secret formula to success and everyone practically goes through different ways just to reduce weight in their body.
Strategies for thigh fats
Of course, when trying to slim down, there are some areas that are much harder to tackle – such as the thighs. Thigh fats can be very tricky, but it only takes good strategy to win over it.
- Doing some squats – Squats are not only good for your thighs, they can also do wonders for your backside. With your arms stretched out, slowly bring yourself down, keeping tension on your legs as you do it. There are different types of squat exercises that you can try. Apart from the traditional squats, you can do Belgian squats which involves lifting one leg up on a bench or you can do jump squats which is just like traditional squats but you have to jump up when moving up, achieving enough height as you can take.
- Eat less – When you say eat less, this is always in terms of caloric intake. So if you are currently taking in about 1500 calories a day, you can take away about 500-800 calories per day. You see, every pound to lose is equivalent to 3,500 calories. It could be a little overwhelming when you think about it for the first time but this basically means that you have to endeavour eating between 1200 to 1500 calories a day, while religiously burning as much as 2,000 to 2,800 calories in exercising and daily acitivities.
- Running up and down the stairs – This is a very simple exercise that you can enjoy without even thinking about it. As long as there are flights of stairs to run, you can go for it and lose some thigh fats in the process. Instead of using the elevator in your building, you can run up and down the stairs and exercise your thigh to make them sexier, firmer and toned.
- Jump ropes – Jump ropes may seem like a very childish but it is a very good exercise to help you deal with stubborn fat thighs. Endeavor to do 30-minute jumps in intervals with rest for as long as 10 to 20 minutes each time. You can do 3 to 5 rounds of this daily, starting slow at first and gaining speed when you become more familiar with the rope.
- Eat right – As much as you have to eat less, you also have to eat right. If you want your body to be supplied with the right amount of nutrients, you have to give it what it needs and none of what it does not. Examples of the right foods are lean proteins such as fish, soy, white poultry and dairy products; fruits and vegetables such as citrus fruits, bananas, pears, apples, broccoli, carrots, peas and kale; and nuts and seeds such as flax seeds, walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
- Go biking – Riding the bicycle is another good exercise to enjoy, and you can do this on a stationary bike or in an actual bicycle. There are advantages to going on either: stationary bicycles in spinning classes because there is an instructor present who can push to perform; and on take a bike ride outside you get to enjoy the view while going around.
- Do some lunges – Lunges are also very good for slimming thighs. Forward lunges, done by extending one leg forward can exercise the leg and thigh muscles, making them firm. Do it with small dumbbells on either hand and try to go as low as you can, with the knee almost touching the ground.
If you are struggling with thigh fats, maybe you are just doing the wrong things. Some people think they are doing enough to lose weight but doing it correctly is ever more important.