One of the trickiest things about weight loss is figuring out what to eat and how to deal with the cravings. When you are hungry, you need to be satiated or you will keep on eating until you are happy. When the tummy grumbles, it needs to be fed because the body is like a car and food is the fuel that enables it to run its physiological functions.
Unfortunately, choosing the right food to eat is where it gets tricky. During weight loss, you want to eat enough so that you are easily full, but you want that what you eat is low in calorie, low in fat and high on what is essential for weight loss.
Protein shake meal replacement
Protein shakes have long been noted as good meal replacement for weight loss because:
- They are good for a well balanced meal – You do not have to worry about having less or more of this and that because the best protein shakes for weight loss are consist of the vitamins and minerals, essential for a whole meal. It is the complete package and it keeps your quite full, for longer, so that you can deal with the cravings; and it is healthy so you do not gain weight even though you are essentially filling your body with a lot of things.
- Easy to have – Whether your protein shake meal replacement is a ready mix or you have a personal recipe you use, protein shakes are very easy to have — you do not have to be a culinary genius. You pour it in a glass along with water and ice cubes and enjoy it as a smooth drink or a shake.
- They are affordable – Given the ingredients and the availability of prepared formulations, protein shakes are more affordable in comparison to preparing actual dishes. Having one glass of protein shake a day saves you one meal and money usually spent for a well-balanced meal.
- High in protein – Protein is good for a lot of things: it promotes thermogenesis that helps burn excess fat and promotes muscle building so that you can enjoy some tone or bulk.
How to make whey protein shake
Many people still argue about the capacity of protein shakes, saying that having a well-balanced meal is still the healthier choice to slimming down but since staying healthy through “healthy eating” is not easily achieved, having a straightforward method is often more acceptable. People make protein shakes for weight loss in different ways and you basically have to understand that the right formulation depends on what you need.
As already mentioned, there are ready mixes that you can have and they come in various flavors, but if you are interested in creating your own protein shakes you can use this recipe:
|Pure Protein Whey Protein Chocolate Frosty, 2 lb||Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound||Nature's Bounty Protein Shake Mix, Decadent Chocolate, 16 Ounce|
|BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder - Chocolate Milkshake, 2.91 lb (28 Servings)||Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound||Nature's Bounty Protein Shake Mix, Decadent Chocolate, 16 Ounce|
Choco-banana protein shake
- 1 banana
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 to 2 scoops of whey protein or soy protein
- 1 cup milk (non-fat or almond milk)
Blend ice, banana, milk and protein powder together. Make sure to blend them well, so that you achieve a smooth and creamy texture that is fun to have. This recipe is easily substituted with different fruits. You can enjoy strawberry, blueberry, watermelon, mango, pineapple, apple or any other fruit instead of banana. For a better touch, you can also choose to freeze your fruits so that you eliminate the use of ice cubes altogether. Freezing fruits will allow you to store them for long in your home without them getting overripe and spoiled. This means that you can buy the fruits when they are still in season and cheap, then enjoy them for longer.
Protein shakes for weight loss is every dieter’s pal. Weight loss in a cup – it keeps you well-satiated without making you fat so you can have one to two shakes a day, depending on how much weight they want to lose. Understand, though, that they should be enjoyed responsibly so that your body can still have everything it needs.