Have you every watched a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show? It has become an annual extravaganza of beautiful and sexy women, and not so much of the brand of underwear. Through the years, this show has showcased different batches of models and it has collected followers from all over the world. In the most recent shows, some of the models literally just came out of pregnancy. All the pregnancy weight gone, it sounds ridiculous – but not at all impossible. Many of the women whose bodies you envy are able to flaunt such perfection because they worked hard for it. Having a sexy body is a possibility for anyone who is willing to do the work.
The women in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show spend a good time working on their bodies. And as long as you know what to do, you could be well on your way to having the perfect body you have always aspired for. We’ve looked at 10 foods for effective weight loss and popular exercises to lose weight naturally in the previous articles. Now let’s see how to achieve that perfect body through exercising.
The Importance of Exercise
Regular exercise partnered with balanced diet is the key to success, when weight loss in concerned. The food you eat reflects on your body and the most effective way to get rid of excess fat and cholesterol is to exercise. A few hours in the gym can be worth 200 to 1000 calories. Exercise can also improve muscle tone and keep diseases away. If you are interested in finding the best exercises to achieve that perfect body and all that comes after, take a look at this:
- Barbell Squats – The barbell squats can be difficult at first but one can easily get used to it. With your feet firm on the ground, set them apart and grasp the barbell while staying a foot away from the rack. With both hands on each end of the bar, draw your shoulders back and tighten your core and squat. Go down slowly, until you quads are parallel to the ground, then stand up and rest for a second and do it again. These are very good for the legs; gives it muscle, tone and firmness.
- Circuit Training – When you talk about circuit training, you are referring to aerobic exercises that are combined with resistance training. This results in very high intensity workout; they are performed one after the other, with very little rest in between, of course to achieve great weight loss. At first, performing circuit training exercises will be very difficult; once your body becomes attuned to the intensity, you will find it easier. Best for you to begin with shorter bursts then gradually increase as your endurance and strength improves.
- Core Power Yoga – Yoga is popular for meditation, but the type of yoga that is performed in a heated environment using postures that are designed for cardiovascular benefits can help strengthen your abdomen and back, and tone your muscles. Incorporating yoga in your exercise regime usually brings more power to your body so that you can perform better during your other workouts.
- Cycling – Cycling, especially when it is done outdoors can be a very good exercise and is able to offer up to a thousand calorie burn for more intense riding. Compared to indoor cycling on a spinning machine, outdoor cycling presents the challenge of having to face different terrains, so difficulty is heightened.
- Jumping Rope – The jump rope or skip rope may seem like a childhood pastime, but it is a good exercise if you wish to lose weight. It takes some getting used to, but you should gradually improve with repetition and can achieve weight loss at 900 calories for just an hour.
- Kickboxing – Kickboxing is a high intensity cardiovascular exercise that is able to target core muscles. The intensity is so much higher compared to what running can do and it is quite enjoyable so it is easy to do it for an hour or so. Likened to this, many body combat classes provide the same benefits as kickboxing and incorporate different martial arts.
- Kettlebell – Aided by a kettlebell, you can do 30 to 45 minute crunches, curls and so many other exercises. Kettlebell exercises are targeted for the whole body, so they are very effective. It comes in different weights, so you can comfortably start at something lighter and graduate to a heavier one as you improve.
- Swimming – Whether you have chosen to swim freestyle, breaststroke or butterfly, you can easily burn 350 calories in just 30 minutes. Imagine doing laps on the swimming pool for a few hours? Swimming can very relaxing and works out different muscle groups so it is such a good excise. It improves cardiovascular function as well as respiratory function, so making the individual stronger and more resistant.
- Zumba – Dancing has become more than a leisurely activity especially where Zumba is concerned. This high-tempo aerobic activity combines dance and aerobic movements that can achieve weight loss at up to 600 calories per hour.
Types of Exercises
- Cardio exercises are very good for weight loss – The exercises are designed to increase your heart rate and it helps to keep them high for a long time, so that regular performance of cardiovascular workouts helps to increase your endurance.
- High Intensity Interval Training – HIIT are exercises that are just 20 minutes long but it is very intense. As a matter of fact, it is best to schedule your HIIT exercises at a 2-3 day interval, as an alternative to your other programs.
Losing weight can be quite a struggle. Many people go through years of failure, jumping from one weight loss program to another, without achieving any result. As you probably understand by now, the most effective weight loss method should involve exercise. Exercise helps you burn calories and increases your metabolism. When you start a habit of exercising regularly and exercising the right way, you will finally be rewarded with a body you could truly be proud of.
Who said you cannot have the body of a Victoria’s Secret model? The likes of Adriana Lima and Miranda Kerr spend hours of their days exercising. If you want to enjoy the type of body they have, you will do the work. As long as you are willing to do the work, nothing is impossible.